Warren Wilson College is seeking a User Services Coordinator who will handle the daily IT support operations for the College. This person will train, oversee, and mentor the student employee crew that assist in performing customer service and technician related tasks. This role is the one of the primary liaisons between the IT department and our staff, faculty, and students. The User Services Coordinator oversees client hardware and core software offerings including offices and computer labs. Priority will be given to candidates who apply by 5pm on January 10, 2020.
Operations and Support
- Directly oversee flow of support requests in the Bannerman Technology Center. Delegate work appropriately amongst the crew members including on-site training, quality oversight, as well as personally taking on critical, confidential, or complicated issues as necessary.
- Ticket management such as prioritization, routing, and escalation.
- Warranty claims & RMA processing
- Oversight of office organization & crew cleaning schedules
- Maintain classroom technology standards in accordance with guidelines from IT Director. Overseeing maintenance and repairs in a timely fashion and outsourcing when necessary.
- Utilize crew to perform basic network maintenance, organization, repair, and additions with assistance from other IT staff.
- Maintains various technology labs across campus including hardware inventory and software licensing.
- Monitor department alert systems to accomplish proactive support and cooperation with Systems Administrator and/or third party vendor support.
- Assist with campus network printing in coordination with Business Services office and third party vendors.
- Grow skills towards parallel campus needs & personal interests. Examples might include server administration, networking, programming, instructional technologies, etc.
Documentation and Communication
- Determine and actively document work processes and techniques for common facets of crew duties such as machine preparation, diagnostic procedures, repair methods, data migration, security, malicious software removal, networking, etc.
- Opportunities to assist and cross-train with other areas within the department.
- Communicate and cooperate effectively with ITS staff and campus departments.
- Provide exceptional and timely customer service to all internal and external stakeholders.
Student Crew Supervision
- Supervise student workers with wide-ranging abilities and interests.
- Assist the Work Program Office (WPO) with selection and recruitment of student crew members, and provide orientation and training for all student workers to support their professional and educational development.
- Coordinate, communicate and monitor student work schedules, and approve student time cards by payroll schedule deadlines.
- Maintain professional boundaries with student crew members.
- Guide students through the learning and performance goals and evaluations process in a timely manner.
- Attend WPO supervisor orientations and retreats, and collaborate with the staff of the WPO to problem solve any student crew issues that may arise.
- Research and recommend creative, and where possible automated, approaches for tasks. Identify approaches that leverage the College’s resources and provide economies of scale.
Relevant technical degree, certifications, or equivalent workplace experience required. At least one year of a wide range of hands-on knowledge regarding PC and Apple hardware, operating systems, drivers, and software as well as fundamental networking including topology, switches, access points, and client configuration.
Demonstrated experience supervising & motivating technical workers and experience working on essential server tasks such as domain account management, group policy, etc.