ABOUT WARREN WILSON COLLEGE
Warren Wilson College is a vibrant, nationally recognized, independent liberal arts college with an enrollment of approximately 600 undergraduates located on a 1,135-acre campus in the Blue Ridge Mountains near Asheville, North Carolina. The education program incorporates experiential learning, challenging work experiences, and deliberate community engagement, with a commitment to sustainable practices.
Working as a member of the Admissions office, the Admissions Records Specialist will play an essential role in the recruitment of prospective students, ensuring that admission operations and the Salesforce/TargetX CRM are handled with accuracy, efficiency, and creativity. This is perhaps one of the most important roles in the office; without excellent stewardship of our data and processes, Warren Wilson’s exciting story would never make it to the prospective students we’re recruiting! Therefore, the Admission Records Specialist will have an exceptional (might we say borderline obsessive) attention to detail and commitment to accuracy, an open and creative approach to solving tech and data process problems, and an appreciation for her/his critical role in recruitment and admissions.
The Admissions Records Specialist oversees the processing of prospective student data for Warren Wilson College. This position will be responsible for managing student records, including inquiries and applications, in the enrollment database (Salesforce/TargetX) and ensuring accurate bridging to the college’s SIS (Jenzabar EX). Additionally, the individual is responsible for the management of all application files in conjunction with the admissions office as a whole and overseeing communication generated by the CRM system (primarily print mailings, email campaigns and SMS.)
- AAS or higher in Web Technologies, Database Management, Information Technologies, related field or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of data management experience. Experience with ETL tools such as Informatica or Mulesoft a plus.
- 2+ years CRM experience, preferably Salesforce (Certified Salesforce Administrator ADM-201 certification a plus)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and Word
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Flexible, adaptable, and with the demonstrated ability to work and deliver under pressure while maintaining quality standards.
- Strong organizational skills to prioritize workload and concurrently manage multiple projects.
- Ability to work autonomously.
1. Data Entry & Management
As Salesforce/TargetX Administrator:
- Ensure data imports are performed in a timely manner utilizing either Informatica or Apex DataLoader
- Maintain data quality and deduplification using combination of Salesforce Duplicate and Matching Rules and Validity Demand Tools
- Perform mass updates of records via Apex DataLoader
- Implement process automation via Workflows, Process Builder, and Quick Actions
- Create and maintain of custom/managed objects, fields, formulas, validation rules, custom workflows, approval processes
- Create and optimize page layouts to best streamline use for end users
- Create training screencasts and manuals for reference and cross-training
- User and permission maintenance
- Custom report and dashboard development and maintenance
As Jenzabar EX Admission Module Manager, perform daily troubleshooting and error correction of scheduled Informatica upsert tasks; add/correct upsert tasks as new data is requested.
2. Creation, maintenance, and scheduled running of Conga Composer mail merges
- Manually enters or imports prospects, inquiries and applications obtained through marketing efforts of the admissions office (including online, received from external partners, mailed inquiries including transcripts and test scores, and all others) at least once and normally twice weekly, ensuring accuracy and completeness;
- Review application for completeness at least twice weekly or as needed, providing ready-for-review applications to admissions counselors;
- Maintain up-to-date status for prospective students from prospect through enrolled, processing admission decisions and deposits at least twice weekly or as needed;
- Oversee the TargetX-to-Jenzabar bridge, ensuring accuracy and bridging students at least once weekly or as needed;
- Spot-check for accurate data entry and trouble-shooting input errors;
- Under the leadership of your supervisor and in collaboration with admissions leadership, evaluate the CRM for accuracy and efficiency;
3. Communication Flow Management Oversight
- Build accurate filters for communication purposes, including email, print, and text;
- Set up communication as requested;
- Prints labels and letters, ensuring accurate mail merge;
- Ensure that email, print and text communication occurs per the communication plan developed by admissions.
- Complete the weekly enrollment summary each Friday;
- Submit the financial aid leveraging file weekly;
- Complete annual IPEDS, Common Data Set and other institutional reports as requested;
- Develop and deliver reports as requested by your supervisor and in consultation with admissions.
- Relationship Development
- Develop strong relationships throughout the Division, with a particular emphasis on the admissions counselors and financial aid.
- Develop strong and collaborative relationships with Student Accounts, IT, and the
- Registrar’s Office.
Department: Marketing & Operations
Supervisor: Morgan Davis
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Supervisor’s Title: Interim Director of
Marketing and Operations
Positions Supervised: None
Schedule/Hours: 40 hours/week, 12 month