Warren Wilson College is seeking an individual, with the right aptitude, education and experience to join the Admissions team as a Senior Admissions Counselor. Under the direction of the Director of Admissions, the Senior Admissions Counselor will serve as an experienced member of the admissions team attracting and recruiting Warren Wilson College students and will be responsible for cultivating applications from a specific geographic recruitment territory. The Senior Admissions Counselor will communicate and work with prospective students and families, as well as school counselors and enrollment professionals to increase awareness of the College’s undergraduate programs. This position requires some travel and non-traditional hours.
Ideal candidates will possess a bachelor’s degree and at least one year of experience in undergraduate admissions at a 2 or 4 year accredited college or university. The ideal candidate will also have demonstrated experience with successful event planning.
Interested individuals should read further to learn more about the qualifications and job responsibilities for this full-time, exempt position. First consideration will be given to candidates who apply by 11:59 pm EST on August 13, 2021. Please be aware no relocation assistance is available for this position. All applications must be received electronically.
Warren Wilson College is committed to a culture of educational access and ensuring that students and employees from a diverse range of identities and experiences will thrive in this community. Warren Wilson College is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- One year of professional work experience in undergraduate admissions at a regionally accredited 2- or 4-year college or university.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Suite.
- Valid driver’s license and passport.
- Demonstrated experience with event planning, coordination, and public speaking within a higher education institution.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Demonstrated proficiency utilizing the Slate CRM or a similar recruitment system.
- Prior work experience with admissions requirements and processes, and scholarship and financial aid resources in higher education.
- Experience working with the recruitment guidelines developed by NACAC (National Association of College Admission Counseling), and it’s partner organizations (SACAC, PNACAC, etc.)
Under the direction of the Director of Admissions, the Senior Admissions Counselor will serve as an experienced member of the admissions team attracting and recruiting Warren Wilson College students and will be responsible for cultivating applications from a specific geographic recruitment territory. The Senior Admissions Counselor will communicate and work with prospective students and families, as well as school counselors and enrollment professionals to increase awareness of the College’s undergraduate programs. This specific role will take over the planning and review process for the Spring admissions process for first year undergraduates in addition to a typical recruitment cycle territory. Senior Admissions Counselors will work with minimal supervision and work to appropriately set priorities.
Senior Admissions Counselors will oversee one or more specialties of the Admissions office. These include but are not limited to social media, parent and counselor communications, the admissions website, data analysis, the enrollment champion program, travel planning, etc . This is a highly collaborative position that leverages the work of academic and administrative partners, and enrollment division colleagues to achieve specific and measured enrollment goals and successful recruitment events.
- Coordinate and manage student recruitment.
- Work with members of the enrollment division to develop and implement strategies to generate and complete undergraduate applications for admission. Assist admissions counselors in strategy generation.
- Respond to inquiries and provide accurate and timely information regarding application policies and procedures in accordance with Warren Wilson’s established messaging.
- Complete at least 50 and usually 75 outbound calls per week to prospective students.
- Conduct the review and selection of applicants in a thorough and timely manner.
- Develop appropriate email and text communications as part of a personal communication plan for the recruitment territory.
- Attend college fairs and plan high school and college campus visits, in-person and/or virtual, to generate interest and cultivate relationships (up to 14 weeks of travel per year possible).
- Communicate with advisors and counselors to cultivate strong relationships and develop enrollment pipelines.
- Conduct activity related to the conversion of applications throughout the enrollment funnel.
- Assist in all on-campus/off-campus/virtual recruitment events.
- Be knowledgeable of the recruitment guidelines developed by NACAC (National Association of College Admission Counseling), and it’s partner organizations (SACAC, PNACAC, etc.).
2. Develop a territory communication plan.
- Utilize the admissions CRM (Slate), building email filters and sending communications through the system.
- Support admissions counselors in CRM and data needs.
- Coordinate with the Director of Marketing & Operations and the Director of Admissions on territory-specific materials to ensure that communication plans are consistent.
3. Data Management & Reporting.
- Develop and distribute enrollment reports for assigned territory. Assist the admissions counselors with their reports if needed.
- Provide comprehensive and detailed notes in CRM related to each applicant post visit, communications made, and application review.
- Ensure accurate data entry of students in admissions and campus-wide information systems (Slate and Jenzabar)
4. Campus Relationships
- Develop strong, productive relationships across campus, but especially with the Financial Aid Office, Center for Integrated Advising and Careers, Registrar, and faculty partners.
- Support and set a strong professional example for members of the admissions crew and other current students working in the office and at events.
- Assists with the training of admissions counselors on the enrollment funnel and office responsibilities as directed by the Director of Admissions.
- Represent the Office of Admissions to areas such as Orientation, Advancement, and other committees if needed.
- Attend campus events and facilitate campus-wide involvement in recruitment and admissions activities.
- Continually consider the impact of work on other campus constituencies, with an eye towards partnership.
- Develops, maintains, and works within a realistic budget, with specific attention to special projects and ongoing department needs. Works with the Director of Admissions to establish a territory specific recruitment budget.
- Collaborate with the Accounting office as it relates to cross functional responsibilities.
Other duties as assigned.