Would you enjoy a job that gave you the mental challenge of solving interesting IT and business problems, all while there’s a fun, vibrant community of co-workers and students just beyond your office door? How about working on a gorgeous campus a few minutes from Asheville?
You could fill one of the most important roles at Warren Wilson College; without excellent Admissions data management, our exciting marketing messages would never get to the prospective students we’re recruiting! You could be running the systems behind-the-scenes while our Admissions counselors are out at college fairs in high school gymnasiums and shopping malls across the country - the Houston Mission Control to our Apollo astronauts. The Q to our Bond. The Forge to our X-Factor... okay, you get the idea.
The ideal candidate would be early- or mid-career, having spent a few years learning about databases, CRMs, or similar tech and interested in gaining some hands-on IT administrator experience while still having the backing of a team and hosted products with vendor support.
Sound like you?
Working as a member of the Admissions Operations team, the Admissions Systems Specialist is primarily responsible for the administration, troubleshooting, and maintenance of the software that is an integral part of the Admissions student lifecycle. This includes our Salesforce CRM, web-based products like the Common Application, and data management tools like Informatica Cloud.
Other responsibilities include maintaining documentation, generating reports, and collaborating with the Admissions Records Specialist to assist with student record management and communication flow. Please continue reading to learn about the requirements and key responsibilities in the job description. Thank you!
- AAS or higher in Web Technologies, Database Management, Information Technologies, related field or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated ability in Information Technology, including knowledge of automation, data types, data manipulation, basic use of scripting, and reading log files.
- 2+ years of data management experience. Experience with ETL tools such as Informatica or Mulesoft a plus.
- 2+ years CRM experience, preferably Salesforce (Certified Salesforce Administrator ADM-201 certification a plus)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and Word (Microsoft certifications a plus)
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to organize materials and work on a variety of projects simultaneously
- Flexible, adaptable with the demonstrated ability to work and deliver under pressure while maintaining quality standards.
- Strong organizational skills to prioritize workload and concurrently manage multiple projects
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow through skills
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Possess a team player mentality with the ability to build good rapport with both teammates and staff around campus
Under the leadership of the Director of Marketing and Operations, the Admissions Systems Specialist an integral part of a two-person team, alongside the Admissions Records Specialist that oversees Admissions’ data. The Admissions Systems Specialist is primarily responsible for the operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of the software that is an integral part of the Admissions student lifecycle. This includes, but is not limited to, the Application for Admission (Common Application), the Admissions CRM (TargetX / Salesforce), the Admission Module of the College’s ERP / SIS (Jenzabar EX), and the various data integration tasks and automations that connect them (Informatica Cloud / Apex Data Loader).
Secondary responsibilities include maintaining accurate and detailed documentation of business processes, generating regular reports, and collaborating with the Admissions Records Specialist to assist with student record management and communication flow. The two Admission Operations specialist positions will cross-train on common tasks and plan to assist with one another’s workloads during peak times or as needed to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
- Approach all tasks in a way that prioritizes and protects the smooth flow of work in the office. This includes prioritizing the experience of students and counselor staff above ideological best practices, managing change with sensitivity, and cultivating relationships of mutual trust and respect with coworkers.
- Manage a cordial vendor relationship including regular calls, emails, relevant webinars, timely response to invoices, etc.
- Maintain detailed documentation of regular or essential tasks for Admission Counselors and Admissions Operations staff.
- Troubleshoot problems, creating support tickets when necessary.
- Make recommendations about revisions or new features that will improve workflow efficiency, market performance, and/or user experience.
- Manage responsible user permission schemes that balance safety with usability.
- Manage data dictionaries of fields, data types / formats, and picklist values. Ensure consistent data integrity and interoperability between systems. Create new or prune old fields and preform mass data transformations or moves where appropriate.
- Create and maintain predefined reports, lists, and exports. Generate regular reports for various internal constituencies.
- Maintain regular backups of export data, reports, system configurations, and integration mappings.
- Regularly test systems and integrations to proactively identify problems.
For the Admissions Application (Common Application):
- Strive for expertise; with emphasis on understanding the backend system, management tools, and data export formats.
- Manage the annual application update.
- Create predefined reports, lists, and downloads.
For Admissions CRM (TargetX / Salesforce):
- Strive for expertise on three prioritized levels: Warren Wilson’s implementation and use of the system, TargetX’s unique tools and objects, and Salesforce in general.
- Maintain a monthly upgrade cycle with minimal disruption to regular business.
- Understand, consult on, and troubleshoot the mass email capabilities of the CRM to ensure that triggered student lifecycle emails, the marketing communication flow, and specific one-off campaigns are handled in an accurate and timely way
For Jenzabar EX:
- Strive for expertise in understanding the Admissions Module data, the student Candidacy record, and the ways in which Admissions data interacts with Financial Aid systems, the myWWC web portal, Accounts Receivable, Student Life, and the Registrar’s Office.
- Troubleshoot Candidacy record errors that prevent nightly data bridging.
- Work with the College’s IT office to regularly update organization (CEEB) codes and picklist values when necessary.
For Data Integration:
- Strive for expertise in learning Informatica Cloud data integrations, including expressions. Understand Salesforce object interactions, ID formats, and record matching.
- Learn and utilize Apex Data Loader, including Salesforce ID formats and object interactions.
- Maintain and troubleshoot the TargetX to Jenzabar EX Bridge in collaboration with Warren Wilson’s IT Office and Jenzabar.
- Create and maintain data import tasks. Create and update custom import mappings for regular or large data sources. Create and document a standard format for ad-hoc or one-time imports.
- Handle regular imports of prospect and inquiry data.
- Develop and maintain a close, collaborative working relationship with the Admission Records Specialist to effectively manage the team’s workflow.
- Develop strong relationships throughout the Division, with a particular emphasis on the admissions counselors and financial aid and IT.
Other duties as assigned.
Supervisor:Director of Marketing & Operations
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Positions Supervised: None
Schedule/Hours: 40 hours/week, 12 months